The documentation is being updated. There may be incomplete sections.
Gaea Extensibility API
The Gaea API provides a lightweight framework for users and vendors to extend Gaea with new nodes, custom functionality, and automation.
High Level Components
The API is divided into three high level components:
- Nodes: Create your own nodes using C# and C++.
- Application Plugins: Subscribe to Gaea events and introduce your own code using callbacks in C#.
- Styles: Create UI modifications, or your own styles for the interface.
These components will be available in Gaea 2.0.
- Visual Studio 2017 or later
- .NET Framework 4.7.2 or higher
Plugins can be written using C# or C++. For C++, you must use C++/CLI for the plugin, but may use pure C++ for internal processing if you want to focus on pure performance.