The documentation is being updated. There may be incomplete sections.
Released on 23 May 2018
This is a minor build with several key changes. Please see https://medium.com/quadspinner for details.
- Color tools: CLUTer, Biome, SatMaps.
- Fold erosion node to simulate terrain folding and tilted strata.
- Distribution node to create probability distributions.
- Undo/Redo system (initial implementation).
- Erosion now allows downcutting (vertical erosion).
- Group nodes together for moving and organizing (Ctrl + G / U).
- Put nodes inside a collapsible container. (Only through right-click menu, not popup)
- Route connections by adding routing vertices (select connection, Ctrl + Click).
- Improved mask visualization, with higher fidelity.
- Minor UI updates for improved cognition.
- Multiple nodes can be selected and moved properly.
- Output node can be bypassed (disabled).
- Selecting output node shows preview.
- Pinned node is preserved after loading.
- Dragging a node over multiple connections will interject all connections.
- 2D View would crash Gaea when selecting an output node.
- SlopeNoise now honors seed value at all times.
- Nodes show information tooltip.
- Changing connection from a "mask" to "heightfield" port honors display type.
- In some cases, clicking UPDATE would crash the application.
- The Erosion node may crash on certain PCs. We’re investigating this issue.
- Biome may show some unnecessary noise.
- SatMaps does not have a dedicated preview interface, yet. Expect it in the next build.
- Some elements in the startup screen are disabled by design. They will become active in the next build.
- Some users get a crash on adding a node. Please use the drag-drop toolbox in the Graph instead while we investigate and fix this issue.
- Due to structural changes in the file format, old files may not fully work with this new build.