The documentation is being updated. There may be incomplete sections.
Released on 30 April 2020
What's new in Gaea 126.96.36.199?
A major leap forward for Gaea
Gaea 1.2 represents one of the largest sets of features added to Gaea since the original 1.0 release.
FURTHER DETAILS FORTHCOMING
WARNING: This version is not production ready yet. Please backup any .TOR documents before opening them in this Bleeding Edge build. Gaea 1.2 will alter your files in a way that may make them unusable in previous versions.
- Node bookmarks menu
- Highlight node chains with H (all), LCtrl + H (left), and RCtrl + H (right)
- Linchpin based loading for Baked Nodes
- Pin / Underlay buttons added to graph toolbar
- Thumbnails in Recent Files
- Experimental Skybox mode added
- Redesigned Post Process stack
- "Pin for color" renamed to "Underlay"
- Statistics Dialog (Experimental)
- Terrain Scale support
- New Ice Floe node
- New Shatter node
- New Surface node
- Autolevel now has Multiplier mode
- Blur is 10x faster
- Blur minimum value
- Bomber node can force Proportional scaling
- Bomber node now accepts "ground" as primary input
- Combine now has Abs mode
- Crater node Inner Scale minimum reduced
- Displace seed added to all post process stacks
- Dunes minimum reduced (further changes coming)
- Lakes node can force lake/ocean floor level
- Lakes node improved, new surface option (hidden port)
- Light node can render without color map
- Light node now further options
- Light node right-click sun to get sun position from scene
- LookDev category added
- Major speed improvements for several nodes
- Mountain node has new style options
- Noise node iterations were broken
- Output node can receive full filename as variable again
- SaveOutput would break output in automation situations
- Stacks node improved
- Surfacer node renamed to SurfTex to avoid confusion
- Texture node speed improvement
- Hit SPACE to focus on terrain center
- Mask display uses selected gradient in all situations
- Filament node style improved, now default
- Filament node style shows port name on hover
- Ctrl + Tab lets you cycle through tabs
- Ticks for integer sliders
- Post Process stack memory impact reduced
- Search popup honors zoom factor from main window
- Out-to-Out connection now support same node
- Graph grid / snap improved
- Cache cleanup options improved
- Node upgrade message made modal
- Passive memory optimizer now frees up memory more aggressively
- Hit area for Gaea main menu extended
- Right-click on Recent Files to see open options
- Build Output Range options renamed for better understanding
- Unity and Unreal resampling options merged into single dropdown
- Gaea window title now shows current filename
- Right-click New Project in Startup Screen for more templates
- GPU usage was too high even when idle
- Build Path was not saved in Build Tab
- Data Map connection color was incorrect
- Cached color maps were saved as grayscale
- Incremental save for TORX would create TOR instead
- Autosave does not save .RESOURCE files
- Font rendering was broken in some situations
- Bleeding Edge does not use its own Docs folder
- Graph options were not saved in some situations
- Port placement optimized
- Mutating did not mark file as dirty
- Build Swarm did not return console colors to normal
- Build Swarm makes too many error sounds while working
- 60+ minor bug fixes
- Light node will need to be recreated.
Changes in 188.8.131.52
- Gaea 1.2 UI overhaul.
- Erosion Studio 1.2 UI and systemic overhaul.
- Improved startup experience.
- Portals 2.0.
- Infinity Graph: Divide your graph into multiple tabs.
- Infinity Graph: Import and export partial graphs.
- Viewport: Overhauled viewport and render system.
- Viewport: Preview mesh density/LOD.
- Viewport: Alt + MMB zooming option.
- Viewport: Q + E vertical navigation.
- Viewport: Optional grid and compass in viewport.
- Cache session on exit.
- Toolbox: New docking options for toolbox: full height, top only, bottom only, and hidden.
- Toolbox: New expert mode in Toolbox for veteran users.
- Toolbox: Quick switch to shift between Most Used and all nodes.
- Fourth node style: Filament.
- Passive Optimizer for improving memory management.
- Session cache manager.
- RAM and HDD cache indicators.
- Descriptive tooltips for all nodes in the toolbox.
- New Preferences dialog.
- New About dialog.
- Build Manager UI simplified, and merged with main UI.
- Redesigned system for better performance.
- Undo was broken.
- New Erosion tools.
- New Snow tools.
- Custom brush shapes.
- Faster execution and project loading.
- Reverted the UI back to Erosion Studio's classic layout with fixed sidebar.
- Advanced mode for each brush to configure your own settings.
- New: Rock Maps node.
- New: Cartography node.
- New: Lakes node.
- New: MultiCombine node.
- New: Stacks node.
- New: Draw node 2.0 with new options.
- New: Flow Map 2.0 with flow separation.
- New: Fractal option for Terrace node.
- Dunes: Chaotic mode reworked.
- Light node now out of preview. Quality settings and preset support added.
- Output node can now save entire node, removing the need to have an output node per output.
- Constant node can now produce height or color.
- SatMaps: Improved favorites system.
- SatMaps: Sampling density option.
- Mask node can now be copy-pasted between files.
- Fixed stepping artifacts created in Snowfall node.
- Redesigned editor for Mask node.
- Redesigned editor for Islands node.
- Redesigned editor for Draw node.
- Coast: moved to new Water category.
- Snow: renamed to Snowfall, moved to new Snow category.
- Selectors category merged with Data Maps.
- Erosion: Random Sedimentation setting for Selective Processing.
- Erosion: Obsolete 'Debris' setting removed.
- Erosion: Inverse option added for height and slope biases.
- Erosion: Minimum feature size lowered to 5 meters from 50m.
- Coast: value limits increased.
- Coast: option to get value from viewport.
- Nodes can now have hidden ports.
- Improved naming for ports.
- Remember preview resolution for saved files.
- Loading options for files: forcing low resolution, suspending engine.
- Baking resolution limit increased to 8K.
- Faster loading of baked caches.
- Connecting two "out" ports creates a Combine.
- Search for portals in node searches.
- Options: Cache Limit and warning system.
- Options: Sensitivity customization for stylus users.
- Options: Hide node categories in node drag-out menus.
- Progress bars move to bottom right corner for improved visibility
- New colors for progress bars to clearly indicate progress of current task vs all tasks.
- Gaea now correctly recognizes 2D maps in a chain and switches from terrain to mask view as required.
- Viewport lighting presets.
- (Enterprise only) Gaea TORX file format version now synced to actual build used.
- Sliders with unchanged values displayed with slightly muted colors.
- Nodes created while searching were placed incorrectly.
- Search text would not clear in some situations.
- Forcing refresh/invalidation of nodes should not affect baked nodes.
- Unbaking a node did not refresh the editor.
- Color nodes exported as TIFF would be grayscale.
- Accidental double-clicking of title bar area fixed.
- Progress would not update in some situations.
- Light node preview was not consistent in both viewports.
- MultiMix (F8) would require manual node refresh in many situations.
- Autolevel Mask post process function was broken.
- Setting "Display As" for a node would not refresh preview.
- Post Process stack did not update properly when resetting node.
- 20+ other bugs fixed in Erosion Studio.
- 20+ other bugs related to lighting and preview caching.
- 30+ other bug fixes for baking related issues.
- Addressed 26 bugs that could potentially crash Gaea in some situations.
- Most Used nodes now include favorites regardless of usage stats.
- All existing Erosion Studio projects will not work because of the complete overhaul.
- "Base" height, part of the terrain definition, has been removed. All terrains now start at 0m for easier consumption.
- Due to unavoidable changes in our randomizer some nodes - namely SlopeNoise, Noise, LineNoise, and Rocks - will no longer be able to create the same shape as in previous Gaea versions. If those shapes are crucial, please see [THIS LINK]. Article coming soon