The documentation is being updated. There may be incomplete sections.
Released on 11 February 2020
What's new in Gaea 18.104.22.168?
Stability + Fixes
- Builds can now use bake cache when resolution is same or lower.
- Coast enhanced with larger maximum values.
- Combine can now accept both heightfield and color inputs.
- Mesher now has option to create or skip walls for the side of the meshes.
- 3D/2D lighting toggle added to the main toolbar.
- Several minor improvements for new viewport render system.
- Gaea.Build.exe would not execute properly when run from command line or scripts.
- RGBMix and RGBSplit were broken.
- Cells now honors minimum values for Size and Chaos.
- Vegetation would throw error on creation.
- Mesher output improved. Excess "wall" artifact removed.
- Mesh Export options in Build Manager have been removed. Use Mesher node instead.
- Output node now behaves properly in Build Manager when 'Save to Build Folder' is enabled.
- Node created from search box would not be placed correctly.
- Installer would not register custom data path.
- Quickstarts would not show with custom data path.
- Presets would not show with custom data path.
- Hybrid mode in Erosion may cause blank output in higher resolutions. Use Linear mode instead.
- Floating 2D viewport may unduly affect 3D viewport while main 2D viewport is running.
- Light node is in preview. Final version may differ and break compatibility.
- The Water system is not fully compatible with the new render system, and may show artifacts.
- Materials popup is no longer available. A replacement for it will be introduced in Gaea 1.2.