The documentation is being updated. There may be incomplete sections.
Released on 09 October 2019
We have revised 1.0.28 and this is an update to the previous Bleeding Edge build. We highly recommend updating.
IN THIS BUILD
- Performance improvements for managing files.
- Minor updates to the viewport freezing bug.
- Unnecessary reprocessing when loading files.
- Indie version did not show resolution warning.
- Several internal bug fixes.
FROM PREVIOUS BUILDS
- Predictive services, with the ability to learn from existing terrains.
- New Toolbox compact mode.
- Toolbox can now optionally show most-used nodes only.
- Copy/Paste settings between nodes.
- Cracks node is now up to 50% faster.
- Shaper node now has a Details slider for better control.
- New Mask Autolevel post process option.
- Normal map now has a new 8-point process.
- Output node improved, allow saving to build folder, and accept color nodes.
- Splat can now be clamped to a combined total of 1.0.
- ColorFx now supports Flip operations.
- Node drop spacing refined.
- Build Swarm rewritten for faster execution and automation.
- 2D view speed improved by up to 8x for higher resolutions.
- Node-connect menu replaced with a more straightforward menu.
- Right-clicking a slider now automatically focuses on the entry field.
- Tab-search for nodes now automatically connects the selected node.
- Watson diagnostics improved with additional options and benchmark tests.
- Property panel shows hints and warnings for volatile settings.
- Microincrements hover state improved for mouse interactions.
- Several minor efficiency improvements.
- Build title bar shows overall progress and time elapsed.
- Island editor would not show overlay on re-edit.
- Better stability with pinning for color.
- Build error when overwriting files, when output is a fixed folder path.
- Erosion Studio output was incorrect.
- TIFF and PNG output improved.
- Loading a file with a single node could freeze editor.
- Unknown parameter warning when building.
- Builds failed because of incorrect hardware detection.
- Mesher incorrectly showed format dropdown.
- License would not be recognized properly.
- 2D view would incorrectly snap to fit-all when resizing.
- Autolayout and node-dropping vertical space fine tuned.
- Splitter bar would remain visible when repeatedly changing toolbox layout.
- On first run, Gaea won't ask for the Document path.
- The viewport may stop responding on some installations. Restarting Gaea should fix this. We're working on a fix.
- Hybrid mode in Erosion may cause blank output in higher resolutions. Use Linear mode instead.